Independent Learning Activities
In FS2 we learn through play. Between the live sessions, try some of the practical and play-based activities below that can be done inside or outside!
- Measure your feet and shoes using objects (e.g. coins, bricks, cars) whose are longer or shorter?
- Make sandwiches for the buffet at the ball
- Make a castle
- Small world play with a castle and people- Can you retell the story of Cinderella?
- Make a carriage for Cinderella
- Create a crown/ jewellery to wear to the ball
- Create a magic wand
- Can you create your own magic spells?
- Design some new shoes for Cinderella or for you
- Try the Cinderella cosmic yoga (152) Cinderella (app preview) | A Cosmic Kids Yoga Adventure! ✨ - YouTube
- Make a Valentine’s day card for someone you love (grownup, sibling, pet, friend)
Friday 12th February is Chinese New Year
Try some of the Chinese New Year activities below:
- Make/ eat some Chinese food (noodles, prawn crackers, spring rolls etc)
- Explore messy play with noodles soaked in water
- Can you use chopsticks? Can you pick up noodles or small objects using chopsticks?
- Make a Chinese paper lantern
- Make a Chinese dragon puppet
- Make a paper chain dragon
- Can you copy Chinese letters to write your name?
- Watch the videos to find out more about Chinese New Year Chinese and Lunar New Year - CBeebies - BBC