This week, our learning will be based around the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk.'
Independent Learning Activities
In FS2 we learn through play. Between the live sessions, try some of the practical and play-based activities below!
- What is your favourite fairy tale? Ask a grown up to help you find some fairy tales to read together. You could look through your books or online. Send us a photo or a video to share with your friends.
- Can you create a tall magical beanstalk? You could use paint, crayons, paper, cardboard tubes or playdough. Send us a picture or video to share your creations.
- Draw or paint a picture of what you would like to find at the top of the beanstalk? What could be above the clouds?
- The bean grew into a beanstalk when it was planted in Jack’s garden. Ask a grown up if you can plant some seeds. You could plant them in your garden or a plant pot or even a washed-out food tin. Take some photographs to see how it grows. Can you add a castle on a stick for the beanstalk to grow up to?
- The beanstalk was very tall. Can you find 5 things in your house taller and shorter than you? Upload a photo for us to see.
- Design your own magical beans!
- Thread leaves onto a stick to make a beanstalk.