Independent Learning Activities:
In FS2 we learn through play. Between the live sessions, try some of the practical and play-based activities below! Most activities can be done inside or outside!
- Make a leaf rubbing
- Make a leaf picture
- Make a ladybird
- Go on a minibeast hunt- can you find a ladybird?
- Can you make a home for a ladybird and other bugs?
- How many different leaves can you find? Which one would the ladybird like?
- Can you share out leaves for the two ladybirds?
- Play “I spy” with a selection of minibeasts (pictures) - can you describe them? Can you guess the minibeast from the description?
- Talk about what makes you bad-tempered or grumpy
- Talk about what is kind and unkind
- Play the supermarket memory game but change it to “I played in the garden and I found...” taking turns to recall each of the things said and adding another thing each time (vegetable, minibeasts etc)
Read and Write
- Make a list of minibeasts that you find
- Draw and label minibeasts
- Can you move like different insects? Flutter like a butterfly, slide like a snail, creep like a beetle…
- Help do some gardening, digging, watering plants inside or outside- can you find any mini beasts?
- Help your grown-ups with cooking – Can you help chop the vegetables?