Independent Learning Activities:
In FS2 we learn through play. Between the live sessions, try some of the practical and play-based activities below! Most activities can be done inside or outside!
- Vegetable printing - cut potatoes or vegetables in half, dip them in paint and print onto paper. Can you make a pattern?
- Make a veggie face by arranging different vegetables on a plate
- Make vegetable people - Can you decorate vegetables and give them faces?
- Set up a role play fruit and veg shop - Can you be the shop keeper?
- Try eating a vegetable that you haven’t tried before!
- Can you name the different vegetables (use real vegetables or photos) - Are there any vegetables that you do not recognise?
- Play the blindfolded vegetable feely game – Can you identify the vegetable by feeling its shape and texture?
- Taste vegetables- Can you identify the vegetable from its taste?
- Count the vegetables in your house- How many carrots do you have? How many Potatoes? Which do you have more or fewer of?
- Compare the length/ size/ weight of different vegetables - Can you identify which are bigger, smaller, longer, shorter, heavier, lighter?
- Play “I spy” with a selection of fruit/ vegetables (can you describe them? Can you guess the vegetable from the description?)
- Talk to your grown up about and sort healthy and unhealthy foods
- Discuss foods that you like and dislike
- Play the memory game “I went to the shop and I bought...,” taking turns to recall each of the fruit/ vegetables said previously and adding another vegetable each time.
Read and write
- Play the initial sound shopping game
- Write a shopping list
- Write name labels for the vegetables in the garden
- Help do some gardening, digging, watering plants inside or outside
- Help your grown-ups with cooking – Can you help chop the vegetables?