- Practise counting to 10 and then 20 in different voices (whisper, shout, deep, squeaky, robot)- Can you show the numbers on your fingers?
- Choose a number and count that number of actions (claps, jumps, clicks, nods, stamps)
- Look at the pictures on the document below (on the screen or print).
- Compare using the words "more" "fewer" and the "same."
- Compare by looking, then check by counting.
- Can you write the numbers?
- Can you say ___ is more than ___? Can you say ___ is less than ___?
Try the Three Little Pigs comparing numbers activity below or compare groups of objects.
- Sing the Alphabet song- Can you name the letters?
- Recap the letters previously learned: Can you say the letter name and sound and perform the action? Focus particularly on the phase three letters, more recently introduced.
- Phase 2: s a t p i n m d g o c k e u r h b f ff l ll ss
- Phase 3: j v w x y z zz
- Recap the tricky words previously learned:
- Phase 2: I to and no go the into
- Phase 3: he she
- New digraph (two letters that make one sound) 'qu'- say the sound and do the action
- Sing the Jolly Phonics song
- Practise writing 'qu' with different body parts or in different places
- Which words have a 'qu' sound? (notice it is usually at the front of the word)
- Read the 'qu' words/ sentence
Try writing 'qu' (You could write it on the sheet or paper, in the mud, in flour or salt, with chalks or paint)
Watch the Alphablocks episode below