- Practise counting to 10 and then 20 in different voices (whisper, shout, deep, squeaky, robot)- Can you show the numbers on your fingers?
- Practise counting down from ten and 'blasting off' in your rocket!
You will need a dice and a pile of objects (use an online dice Random Dice! (online-stopwatch.com) or make your own if you do not have one)
- Take turns to roll a dice and count that number of objects
- Compare who has "more" and who has "fewer" or do you have the "same"? Can you say it using these words?
- Go again. Repeat a few times.
- What happens if you add one more or take one away - who has more or fewer now?
- Phase 2 phonemes (sets 1-5): s a t p i n m d g o c k e u r h b f ff l ll ss
- Phase 3: j v w x y z zz
- I spy initial sounds (j v w x y z) (attached below can be used on screen or printed)
- Play the read and race game (j v w x y z zz)
- Practise reading and writing High Frequency words* and Tricky words**
- Read and write the words on the bingo game (phase 2 HFW inc tricky words)
- Ask your grown-up to hide them around the house for you to go on a word hunt- read and write the word that you find!
- Tricky words
- Phase 2: I go no to the into
- Phase 3: he she
- High Frequency Words (see document below)
*High Frequency Words are common words that are decodable by sounding out and blending. There are 26 high frequency words to learn in phase 2.
**Tricky words are common words that have unusual spellings therefore they cannot be sounded out. There are 6 tricky words in phase 2.