Warm up: Counting to 10 and 20 (in different voices)
Watch Numberblocks S2:E6 Just Add One!
Put the numbers back on the numberline. Describe their position ("6 comes after five and before 7").
Discuss the episode: What is one more for each number block? Can you show it on your fingers?
Can you write the number sentence?
- Practise adding one more using the sheet below or object you have at home. Can you write the number sentence?
- For more challenge, practise using the numberline to find one more (jump forward one space on the numberline) for numbers to ten and, for further challenge, numbers to twenty!
- If you are really confident, you could try finding two more!
- Sing the Alphabet song- Can you name the letters?
- Recap the letters previously learned: Can you say the letter name and sound and perform the action? Focus particularly on the phase three letters, more recently introduced.
- Phase 2: s a t p i n m d g o c k e u r h b f ff l ll ss
- Phase 3: j v w x y z zz qu ch sh th ai
- Recap the tricky words previously learned:
- Phase 2: I to and no go the into
- Phase 3: he she we me
- New digraph (two letters that make one sound) 'ng'- say the sound and do the action (hold your arms up like you are lifting a heavy weight)
- Sing the Jolly Phonics song
- Practise writing 'ng' with different body parts or in different places
- Which words have a 'ng' sound? What do you notice about where it is in each word?
- Read the 'ng' words and match them to the pictures
- Write the words using the 'ng' digraph
Practise writing 'ng' (on the sheet, paper, with chalks, paint or in mud, sand, salt or flour!)
Can you write any 'ng' words?
Watch Alphablocks 'Song'
This week, we are learning the story of 'Cinderella.'
Read the story with your grown up.
Discuss the what happened and consider:
- Were Cinderella's step sister's kind to her? What did they do?
- Who helped her Cinderella get to the ball?
- Where did the carriage and horses come from?
- Why did she lose her shoe?
- How did the prince find and recognise Cinderella?
Design a new pair of shoes for Cinderella.
- What kind of shoes should she have? Which will be best for running away in?
- Can you decorate the shoes?
- Can you label your picture to describe the features of the shoes? (e.g. laces, strong, blue, sparkly)